Join us for Adobe Tech Comm Roadshow in Lyon as we explore the one core business asset that no one seems to talk about: Content. We have specifically designed this event to give you an opportunity to meet and learn from renowned technical communication experts, get hands-on with the latest tools, and connect with peers over a free networking cocktail hour following the event. You might even win a prize at the free lucky draw and end the day on a high!
We are at the hotbed of content innovation, here in France; and you could be updated on the latest trends, transformations and workflows that shapes content strategy today. Explore structured content, tackle localization issues, learn about content innovations and much more.
13:30 - 13:40 Registration and welcome
13:40 - 14:00 How convergence of technical and marketing content is driving customer experience
14:00 - 14:20 Explore new trends in tech comm (Adobe Tech Comm Survey 2017 – 2018)
14:20 - 15:00 Structure your multichannel content using FrameMaker and DITA
15:00 - 15:40 Discover the new features of Adobe FrameMaker (2019 release)
15:40 - 16:00 How SMEs can create structured content with a web-based editor, using XML Documentation for AEM
16:00 - 16:20 Coffee break
16:20 - 17:00 AEM & Augmented Reality: The future for product information and after-sales support
17:00 - 17:30 Create and publish online help, policy and knowledgebase content easily with Adobe RoboHelp (2019 release)
17:30 - 18:30 Closing followed by cocktails and networking hour
Toni Ressaire is a technical communicator and trainer. Working primarily in the software development industry, she also has some rather non-traditional uses for traditional tech comm tools. Toni blogs about digital publishing at http://pub.ink and provides consulting for agile teams and training for tech writers and technically-challenged writers who want to create content for today’s savvy users.
Philippe Zingoni is a consultant and trainer on technical communication software and technologies. Working for more than 15 years in the field of technical documentation, he has faced challenges regarding the technical documentation in industry : multi channel publishing, modularisation of content, technical illustrations, use of 3D in documentation, implementation of S1000D and DITA standards.
Rémi Formica is ECM Consultant and Team Coach at AMPLEXOR. With over 15 years of experience in software consulting services, Rémi has a successful track record in managing complex IT and business process redesign projects. At AMPLEXOR, he accompanies our clients’ growth in the digital age through tailored technological transformation strategies.
Amitoj Singh has more than 10 years of experience in the software industry with more than seven years of experience as a product manager. Having started his career as a Software Engineer with Adobe Systems, he’s now responsible for product management of Adobe's Technical Communication Tools – FrameMaker and RoboHelp.
Rohit Bansal is a Senior Product Marketing Manager working with Adobe’s Technical Communication business. He is responsible for global marketing, go-to-market strategy and partner relations.
How convergence of technical and marketing content is driving customer experience
For the last decade, most discussions in technical documentation has been all about automation, moving to XML and struFor the last decade, most discussions in technical documentation has been all about automation, moving to XML and structured content, improving quality, managing content and workflows more efficiently, and of course, reducing costs. Now it’s time to talk about the customer experience! And it’s time to talk about the customer journey.
Our customers expect a conversation—an experience. Much of the purchasing decision happens outside of the “normal” (aka outdated) view of the purchase funnel. The line between pre-sales and post-sales continues to blur. Surviving in this environment requires a shift in focus towards a compelling customer experience.
In this session, you will learn:
- How the convergence of pre and post-sales content impacts business
- How it’s becoming increasingly important to understand technical communication as marketing communication
- How technical writers can influence the shift toward a digital experience
- How to design, manage and deliver a rewarding experience to your customers at every touchpoint of the journeyctured content, improving quality, managing content and workflows more efficiently, and of course, reducing costs. Now it’s time to talk about the customer experience! And it’s time to talk about the customer journey.
Future of Technical Communication: Findings from Adobe Tech Comm Survey 2017-2018
As Technical Communication professionals, it’s important for us to understand and stay on top of key industry trends as they shape the future of Technical Communication. This year, Adobe received responses from more than 2000+ content professionals across 30+ countries and 32+ industry verticals making the Adobe Tech Comm Survey 2017-2018 one of the largest Technical Communication surveys in the world.
In this session, you will learn:
- How the adoption of structured authoring is growing steadily and which standards are gaining popularity
- The future of various output formats – PDF, Responsive HTML5, Mobile output and others
- Flight into the world of Chatbots: are they on the runway? taken off? en route? or landed?
Structure your multichannel content using FrameMaker and DITA
Adobe FrameMaker (2019 release) is a complete tool for authoring and publishing DITA XML content. You can use the tools provided by the DITA community, but also use the tools provided with Adobe FrameMaker to create content, customize authoring and publishing templates, customize the DITA model using constraints, and publish your content on different platforms. In this hand-on session, you will discover :
- A short introduction to Structured Content and DITA
- How to create structured content in FrameMaker
- How to create your own templates in FrameMaker
- How to customize simply the DITA model, eliminating unwanted structure elements
- How to assemble topics into a map to create publication canvas
- How to customize output templates
- How to publish DITA maps to PDF and HTML5
Discover the new features of Adobe FrameMaker (2019 release)
The 2019 release of FrameMaker is an incredible update of the best-in-class tech comm tool. A considerable number of new features have been added, including change in architecture, making it faster and more powerful. There are also more features for daily creation and publication, image management, structured authoring and more. Amitoj Singh, Product Manager for Adobe FrameMaker, will drive you through these features, and show you the strength of this new version.
How SMEs can create structured content with a web-based editor, using XML Documentation for AEM
Subject matter experts do not use the same tools as technical authors. They have limited knowledge in layout rules and usually no knowledge at all of XML. Using Adobe Experience Manager as a CMS, the XML Documentation solution helps SMEs to create content with a web-based and intuitive tool, masking the structure, and offering a simple way to add value to the content without any rework needed.
AEM & Augmented Reality: The future for product information and after-sales support
As Augmented Reality gets literally real in different areas of our daily lives such as entertainment and communication, it has been also gaining momentum in different business domains. From R&D to marketing through customer support, AR technology is already creating real value, efficiency and revenue in companies of different sizes and industries.
AMPLEXOR has teamed up with Adobe to show how augmented reality technologies can be integrated in digital platforms to improve engagement and user experience.
In this hands-on session you will discover:
- How to easily create AR experiences for your business
- What content, technology and resources are required
- Which innovative features brings the XML documentation add-on
- The benefits of consolidating marketing and technical content on one platform
- Exciting approaches to the automation of content-related processes
- Clients’ success stories: improving after-sales support with interactive augmented reality guides
Create and publish online Help, policy and knowledgebase content easily with Adobe RoboHelp (2019 release)
You want to deliver Help, policy and knowledgebase content on different platforms as online documents? You are a technical author, not a XSLT programmer nor an HTML specialist. Adobe RoboHelp (2019 release) allows you to manage your content in a topic-based organization, with an intuitive authoring environment and features that bring power to your content:
- Advanced authoring in a friendly user interface, making content easier to reuse and link
- Simple management of stylesheets and layouts
- Customized user experience with the creation of dynamic content filters
- Collaboration tools to share content, review and add consistency with all the assets you manage
- Multi-platform publishing, with a graphic output editor
- Deliver complete documentations solutions, including automatically autocompleted search, favorites, filters, indexes, glossary management
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
While the event is open to anyone who is interested, the sessions will be particularly beneficial for industry professionals who hold following roles: Technical Writers, Authors and Content Developers, Technical Publication Managers, Technical Illustrators, Documentation Specialists, Engineers and Managers, Policies and Procedures Specialists, Instructional Designers, Knowledgebase and eLearning Professionals, User Experience Designers, Visual Designers, Information Architects and Developers, Usability & Human Factors Professionals, Subject Matter Experts and Casual Content Contributors.
ApparCity Confort Lyon Part Dieu
111 Boulevard Marius Vivier Merle, Lyon