Is innovation your cup of tea? Love the idea of working on international projects in a rewarding and dynamic environment? What are you waiting for? Embrace the future with us!
We are a global leader in language, content and digital solutions. For more than 30 years, we have been helping renowned organizations grow their brands internationally through innovative websites, efficient intranets, collaborative platforms and expertly translated content. We are proud to say we are well known across industries and geographies and have the privilege of working with some of the world’s largest companies.
About the role:
We are currently looking for a Translation Vendor Coordinator to be part of our team in Lisbon. The job holder will report to the Manager of Vendor & Community Management, being part of the Vendor Management team responsible for the recruitment, screening, selection, qualification, performance rating and development of external linguistic resources.
- Recruitment, screening, selection, qualification, and development of external resources (linguistic and other) according to required specializations, verticals and budget constraints.
- Data analysis to help review linguistic pool and assure vendor utilization and budgetary control.
- Recruitment of new specialized vendors in order to create and expand multilingual and dedicated resource supply databases to accommodate clients’ needs for new services.
- Collaborate with Resource Managers and Service Managers to optimize vendor utilization.
- Assess and define requirements for external resources and identify resource solutions within the AMPLEXOR Group.
- Define appropriate test procedures for resource qualification, handle test translations and other work samples.
- Support Bid Management team for the resource requirements of tenders and quotations.
- Negotiate terms and conditions for purchased services.
- Compile and maintain vendor data and documents to assure we have most current information on file.
- Setting up, following up and maintenance of contractual documentation.
- Support and monitor vendor integration and development by building partnerships, fostering usage of new vendors and monitoring of resource availability.
- Act as escalation point for vendors. Create vendor partnerships with a focus on vendor utilization, cost control, quality and commitment to AMPLEXOR projects.
- Support the development of a group-wide vendor management team.
- Follow developments in the industry and language professionals’ community: benchmarking. Liaise with local professional organisations and universities to promote talent management.
- Degree in Translation/Modern Languages/Linguistics/HR or similar.
- Previous experience in vendor management, human resources/recruitment and/or in a language services environment preferred.
- Familiar with external vendor sourcing and search strategies and use of diverse localization recruitment channels.
- Previous experience in an international setup; experience working with virtual teams and matrix organization.
- Knowledge of production processes in the translation business preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluent English level. Knowledge of another official EU language is beneficial.
- Strong knowledge of commonly used computer desktop applications and services (e.g. MS Office – Excel in particular, production applications, Adobe Acrobat, Internet).
- Knowledge of computer translation tools (e.g. TRADOS, …) would be a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills, innovative and solutions-oriented.
- Ability to handle new situations in a complex environment.
- A motivated and flexible self-starter.
- Well-developed organizational skills.
- Ability to efficiently work under pressure.
- Team player.
- Location: Paço de Arcos
- Contract: Permanent
- Health Insurance
- Meal allowance
- Transport allowance
- Seniority Days
- Flexible schedule