Acolad is an international leader in language and content solutions, services and technologies. Represented by the brands Acolad, Amplexor, TextMaster and Livewords, the group is present in 25 countries and has a network of over 2,000 internal experts worldwide and +20,000 external linguists.
At Acolad, every position is key to our global growth: we know that we will only succeed if our people succeed.
Joining Acolad means a unique opportunity for professional development through a collaborative global environment that promotes talent and creativity. We are continuously looking for new talent (like you!) to support our mission to drive growth and innovation across some of the world’s leading brand.
We are currently seeking a Business Development Manager to join our thriving team in Germany. You will be working closely with our Managing Director, Senior Director of Sales and Account Management. As BDM you have the mindset of a hunter, driving new business and sales. Your positive attitude and consultative approach are key to establishing, managing and maintaining excellent relationships with your assigned customers, leading to high customer satisfaction, increased revenue, better margins and long-term growth.
- Identify and follow up on qualified leads, pursue and acquire new clients in Germany and Austria, focusing on specific industry sectors.
- Attend industry and networking events.
- Manage opportunities and/or renew existing contracts in an assigned portfolio of accounts.
- Act as a liaison between clients and internal teams to ensure excellence in meeting client requirements.
- Ensure sales process compliance and adherence to sales guidelines.
- Manage sales pipeline, ensure up-to-date and accurate records in eCRM (data quality).
- University degree in a relevant area.
- Minimum of 3 years of proven experience in Sales or in an Operations-related role within the Language Services, Content Management or Digital Marketing Services industry.
- Experience in similar domains and relevant industries (e.g., manufacturing, information technologies, life sciences).
- Demonstrated experience of successfully managing customer relationships at different levels, including challenging situations, conflicts, and complaints (stress management abilities).
- Experience in creating and selling solutions (i.e. Digital Experience Management, Global Content Management)
- Advanced knowledge of all aspects of localization process including and extensive knowledge of translation and workflow tools and process is preferred.
- Native level German speaker, fluent in English. Outstanding communication skills both verbal and written.
- Self-starter, autonomy in identifying business opportunities; knowledge of Sales methodology and tools (e.g. Salesforce).
- Strong analytical skills to match client requirements with our service offering and create/write compelling presentations & proposals.
- Excellent negotiation skills based on value selling.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Competitive compensation plan.
- Latest work equipment.
- Remote access to all systems.
- Various options regarding travel card contributions.
- International environment with multicultural teams.
- Professional development and growth opportunities.