Senior Localization Engineer
Community of Madrid, Madrid
Is innovation your cup of tea? Love the idea of working on international projects in a rewarding and dynamic environment? What are you waiting for? Embrace the future with us!
We are a global leader in language, content and digital solutions. For more than 30 years, we have been helping renowned organizations grow their brands internationally through innovative websites, efficient intranets, collaborative platforms and expertly translated content. We are proud to say we are well known across industries and geographies and have the privilege of working with some of the world’s largest companies.
About the role:
Localization Engineers shall serve in a support capacity to the AMPLEXOR operations teams and to external clients. The key responsibility of the role is to manage the migration, setup and technical delivery of AMPLEXOR’s customer content throughout the localization life cycle, meeting time and quality goals. The Localization Engineer will have in-depth knowledge of AMPLEXOR and industry localization tooling, as well as a broad understanding of software development technologies and environments. The Localization engineer will also collaborate with the R&D team to contribute to the development of the road map for localization tooling requirements and to drive the technical quality of deliverables to the customer. The Localization Engineer will be expected to work as part of a virtual team (customer or project focused) and shall be expected to collaborate with other members of the virtual team to ensure optimal management and delivery of the customer’s content.
- Develop a thorough understanding of AMPLEXOR’s localization processes and align engineering activities to ensure that customer’s goals and company objectives are met.
- Prioritize effectively and provide timely support to project teams.
- At times or as the function grows, travel and/or off-hours (on call) support may be required.
- Investigate, develop and present solutions that describe how a customer’s content will be localized using a combination of AMPLEXOR and industry tooling.
- Collaborate within virtual project or customer teams to manage the technical delivery of localized customer content.
- Deliver XTM training and webinars.
- Involvement in structured internal knowledge management, best practices deployment and training.
- Discuss localization and internationalization best practices with prospects and clients.
- Support the sales and project management teams regarding technical discussions with the customer.
- Drive technical quality of customer deliverables throughout the localization process. Establish quality standards and ensure that these are adhered to throughout the production process.
- Maintain a quality mind-set; deliver highest level of quality and customer satisfaction during the processing of work products while supporting and adhering to quality requirements as defined by the AMPLEXOR Quality Management System.
To be successful in this role you have the following:
- An Engineering Degree and 5+ years of experience in Localization Engineering translation process.
- Excellent technical acumen and familiarity with key concepts relating to XTM translation technology.
- Knowledge of XML file formats, and localization-industry formats and standards (DITA XML, XLIFF).
- An understanding of content parsing and processing, SRX, XPATH and ITS rules.
- An ability to script or create macros to support more efficient content processing
- Experience with a variety of localization platforms, file formats and CAT tools – such as SDL WorldServer, MemoQ, Catalyst, Passolo or other similar localization technology platforms that manage and automate the translation workflow.
- Familiarity with translation memory formats, terminology and termbanks, quality assurance and manipulation/transformation.
- Exceptional communication, problem-solving and prioritization skills.
- A willingness to learn quickly and independently.
- Strong business acumen; exceptional technical acumen.
- An ability to work independently and manage multiple deliveries concurrently.
- A strong sense of accountability and responsibility.
- A strong ambition and drive to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- An ability to learn about new technology quickly.
- Fantastic colleagues - you will have the opportunity to collaborate with some of the greatest minds in localization globally.
- All the chances of a globally successful, growing company;
- Experiences, insights and a high level of responsibility in challenging, cutting edge projects for international customers and new digital businesses;
- Influence in a growing, motivated and highly innovative team;
- Room for personal and professional development options in a growing organization
- A work environment that allows you to balance your work and your private life;
- A dynamic workplace with flat hierarchies, direct communication on first name terms, helpful and engaged colleagues;
- An attractive, market- and success-oriented compensation
- Private health and dental insurance
- Meal Vouchers
- Possibility of working from home
- Coffee, tea, fruits....