Senior NLP Engineer
Community of Madrid, Madrid
AMPLEXOR is a leading digital solution provider offering global compliance, digital experience and content solutions. We help our customers achieve process efficiency, increase revenue generation, reduce time-to-market and ensure quality and compliance. Our turnkey solutions support core industry processes, and include software technology, consulting, system integration, and language and content management services. We provide state-of-the-art solutions in 23 countries in the fields of aerospace, defense & transport, energy & environment, finance, life sciences, manufacturing and the public sector.Our Content Intelligence Team
Based in Madrid, the AMPLEXOR Content Intelligence Team is a multidisciplinary team of NLP Engineers, Data Engineers, Software Architects and Engineers. It designs, implements and delivers solutions that:
- turn data and multilingual content into knowledgeable and actionable insights;
- generate business impact through the smart automation of high-volume, multilingual content, information and data processing as well as decision making;
- exploit and integrate advanced concepts and capabilities from various domains, such as Natural Language Processing, Machine/Deep Learning, and Big Data.
For our office in Madrid we are looking for experienced individuals who are passionate about state-of-the-art, multilingual Natural Language Processing and enjoy working in a global, collaborative, multidisciplinary environment. Both roles require demonstrated experience in applied Deep/Machine Learning for solving real-world NLP problems.
- Code, test, deploy and maintain tools and applications for developing novel solutions at scale;
- Acquire, analyse, transform and prepare the data that represents the backbone of those solutions;
- Automate large-scale data processing in a distributed computing environment;
- Leverage and extend multilingual NLP capabilities (especially for non-English languages).
Senior NLP Engineer (in addition to the above)
- Participate in designing an integrated architecture for our solutions;
- Identify trends in relevant domains (e.g. NLP, Text Analytics, Machine/Deep Learning, Big Data) that help improving our solutions;
- Assess software frameworks, libraries and tools (incl. rapid prototyping) with the goal of driving the accuracy of our solutions up;
- Tutor and mentor your colleagues.
Experience and Expertise
- 3+ years (Senior NLP Engineer: 6+ years) of industry experience with primary focus on hands-on NLP, Machine Learning and Software Engineering/Development;
- Demonstrated experience in implementing multilingual NLP solutions, complemented with an excellent understanding of linguistics and language as a phenomenon;
- Using statistical NLP methods (including machine and deep learning) to solve real world NLP problems;
- Hands-on experience in several of the following fields: NLU, NLG, IE, IR, QA, Document Classification, Knowledge Extraction, Machine Translation;
- Hands-on experience with acquiring, analysing, transforming and utilizing data (in particular: unstructured, multilingual content);
- Solid experience developing in a Linux/Unix environment including hands-on development experience with Big Data and modern analytics frameworks (e.g. Hadoop and Map Reduce);
- Experience in modern software development techniques (Test-driven development, Agile);
- Strong knowledge of Python; other languages (e.g. Java) and XML processing tools are an asset;
- Demonstrated experience with NLP tools (Apache OpenNLP, NLTK, etc.), ML libraries (scikit-learn, Spark MLlib, etc.), and DL frameworks (Keras, TensorFlow, Torch, etc.).
- Graduate degree (PhD or MSc) in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, or Artificial Intelligence, preferably specializing in NLP;
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills combined with the ability to work independently;
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate within a global, multidisciplinary team;
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills.
- All the chances of a globally successful, growing company;
- Experiences, insights and a high level of responsibility in challenging, cutting edge projects for international customers and new digital businesses;
- Influence in a growing, motivated and highly innovative team;
- Room for personal and professional development options in a growing organization;
- A work environment that allows you to balance your work and your private life;
- A dynamic workplace with flat hierarchies, direct communication on first name terms, helpful and engaged colleagues;
- An attractive, market- and success-oriented compensation.