CAT Tool and DTP Specialist
41 OFFICES in 22 COUNTRIES
At AMPLEXOR we innovate, we are experienced and committed to our clients and employees.
We provide digital state-of-the-art solutions that are both universal and tailored to our clients’ needs.
At AMPLEXOR we think global, we think ahead and we think about the future.
At AMPLEXOR we give you the space to grow and the opportunity to develop an international career in a multicultural environment.
About the role:
We are currently looking for a Technical Services Lead to be part of our team in Sibiu, Romania. This person will be responsible for maximizing customer satisfaction as well as developing and improving service delivery processes, relationships and technologies.
Provide quality production services
- Responsible for all areas of electronic production for the localization documents and graphics. Show very strong skills in the use of major print and electronic publishing, as well as image manipulation tools and applications for different platforms.
- Re-create the characteristic/desired properties of a source document in the localized version and/or targeted format.
- Comply with project or client-specific quality metrics for production services, and show commitment to the company's quality goals in day-to-day work.
Lead the production portion of localization projects
- Work with Project Management and project teams to deliver products per client specifications, within schedule and budget guidelines.
- Determine/recommend best production processes and resources to be used for a given project, both from an internal and from an external perspective.
- Educate internal and external clients on best production processes.
- Contribute to the creation of specifications and project schedule and help/monitor follow-through.
- Ensure high product and service quality by performing quality checks on deliverables.
- Ensure most cost- and time-effective execution of production tasks within the project parameters.
- Take on leadership responsibility for internal and external production teams working on projects.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external teams and clients during project execution: define deliverables, provide status reporting, troubleshooting and testing support.
Support the business development process
- Participate in the estimation and analysis of electronic files for new projects.
- Provide support for answering technical questions during the sales process.
Contribute to the continuous improvement process
- Support the research and implementation of new tools and applications into the localization process.
- Develop document localization training materials and conduct training for staff, vendors, and/or clients.
- Adapt to the ever-changing needs and requirements of internal and external clients and understand them as a chance for innovation, improvement and increasing company revenue.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience executing and leading the production portion of complex localization/translation projects
- Strong technical abilities, especially in the areas of DTP/pre-press, web publishing, and CAT tools on both PC and Mac platforms.
- Strong affinity to and understanding of target audiences and cultural issues
- Very good knowledge of English
- Proven communication abilities (verbal and written)
- Leadership capabilities
- Experience working with websites or e-learning files
- Experience with file conversions with PDF source (OCR and/or editable inputs)
- Experience with standard design applications (InDesign, Quark, FrameMaker)
What you’ll get:
A competitive salary