IT Datacentre Operations Technical Analyst
Tamil Nadu, Chennai
At Amplexor we aim to be a leading digital solutions provider offering global compliance, digital experience and content solutions.
We help our customers achieve process efficiency, increase revenue generation, reduce time-to-market and ensure quality and compliance.
Our turnkey solutions support core industry processes and include software technology, consulting, system integration, and language & content management services.
We provide solutions in the fields of aerospace, defense & transport, energy, finance, life sciences, manufacturing and the public sector.
41 OFFICES in 22 COUNTRIES
At AMPLEXOR we innovate, we are experienced and committed to our clients and employees.
We provide digital state-of-the-art solutions that are both universal and tailored to our clients’ needs.
At AMPLEXOR we think global, we think ahead and we think about the future.
At AMPLEXOR we give you the space to grow and the opportunity to develop an international career in a multicultural environment.
AMPLEXOR INDIA PVT. LTD
JAYANT TECH PARK,
OLD NO 7, NEW NO. 41, 6th FLOOR,
MOUNT POONAMALLEE ROAD,
Landmark: Opposite Chennai Trade Centre
The Job role
The job holder is in charge of:
- Ensuring business continuity of application and support services in AMPLEXOR, concerning IT Datacenter operational efforts.
- Participating in projects or efforts to develop and extend the services of AMPLEXOR, within the area of domain
- Implementation and monitoring of the appropriate quality and information security standards, linked to the assigned enterprise IT infrastructure (hardware and/or software, technology/systems/applications/tools) with respect to the QM and ISMS management systems in place
- Ensuring proper collaboration with other IT staff, other business units, suppliers or partners by using the appropriate communication flows
- Consulting for Service and Project Managers, Team Managers, fellow colleagues or customers/partners, within the area of domain
- Contribute in providing clean management of SLAs, both upstream and downstream
- Operation on Datacenter services infrastructure:
- Daily work:
- Physical server infrastructure (server-centric hardware)
- Virtual server infrastructure (hypervisors)
- Virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI and virtual applications)
- IaaS infrastructure (AWS, Azure, plus others)
- ITSM scope:
- Incident management
- Change/request management
- Monitor and maintain services
- Consolidation and migration efforts
- Solution architecture
1.1 Educational background
- Degree in Information Technology and Computer Engineering or similar Engineering degree
1.2 Professional experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience with installing and maintaining hardware in datacentres
- Minimum 2 years of experience with installing and maintaining virtual environments based on VMware/ESXi, HyperV, OVM or similar, as well as aptitude with administering cloud providers (Infrastructure as a Service level)
- Minimum 3 years of experience with server Operating Systems, including UNIX and Windows
- Minimum 3 years of experience with backup systems, such as Veeam, EMC Networker, Backup EXEC or equivalent
- Experience with working in vast networking and infrastructure landscapes
- Experience with dealing with disaster recovery scenarios and with designing high availability solutions for datacenters
- Bonus for experience with virtual desktop and virtual application solutions such as Citrix/VDI or other cloud based solutions
§ Expertise with ITSM tools and ITIL v3 processes
§ Excellent communication skills
§ Comfort with conducting IT Datacentre operational routines
§ Excellent problem solving skills using whatever tools are available
§ Build automate procedures using scripting tools and languages
§ English C1+IT
§ UNIX-based and Windows server OS
§ Backup and restore solutions, including tape systems
§ Servers, storage systems and connectivity
§ Networking skills
Five days work week, and all other statutory benefits